Presented by Dr. Deborah Zelinsky
The Mind-Eye Connection team offers another workshop in Chicago, USA centering their principals of excellent patient care.
6 hours -- Saturday, May 28
Clues, Cues and Cruise Control: Three processing pathways optometry affects
We will cover how Clues and Cues are processed by the mind at a cortical level
- Clues require conscious "focal" attention and deplete energy.
- Cues require less attention and energy, using awareness.
- Cruise Control describes body functions at a subcortical level (brainstem and limbic system)
6 hours -- Sunday, May 29
Tests, Tools and Traits : How different patients require different prescriptions for the same symptoms
- Lenses -- linked with eye movement and cervical spine
- Non-Yoked Prisms -- linked with shoulder movement and thoracic spine
- Yoked Prisms -- linked with hip movement and lumbar spine
- Filters, including tints -- linked with limbic system
6 hours -- Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day)
An Enviable Environment: Enhanced Eye and Ear Linkage
- Z-Bell used for screening (analogous to a Van Orden Star in Free Space)
- Z-Bell used for diagnostic lens prescribing
There will also be several guest speakers spread throughout the weekend.
- Right-Eye company will be presenting
- Lecturer on Primitive Reflexes
- Lecturer on Biochemical Changes from eyeglasses
- more to come.
Please register here.