This is an exclusive ACBO member benefit. It is not available for purchase by non-members.
The ACBO Info Box is a revolutionary new way to showcase your services to your patients. Our focus is on raising awareness of Behavioural Optometry to the general public, and what better way to reach them than through your practice waiting room?
INFO BOX is a revolutionary new way to showcase your services to your patients. It is a media device that you attach to a TV screen in your practice waiting room or store window.
ACBO creates and manages all content, and pushes it out automatically to all Info Box devices. Content is updated regularly, automatically, remotely, so it is always fresh and you don’t have to do a thing. Curated content will cycle through your screen to entertain and inform your patients.
ACBO manages all content and delivers it straight to your screen. No need for USBs, downloads or any effort on your part.
HOW TO GET INFO BOX
- Purchase the device through our online shop
- Fill in the online Direct Debit form to pay for your monthly subscription. We will send you your Info Box device in the mail and activate your account
- If you would like us to create some customised content for your practice, you can order it any time
EQUIPMENT YOU WILL NEED
A screen (TV or monitor) with a HDMI port.
- It doesn’t have to be new or any particular brand, so get that old TV out of the basement and position it to best advantage in your practice! Ideal position is in your patient waiting room, or even in your shop window facing the street, to engage passers-by.
- Don’t have a TV, or want to upgrade to a shiny new screen? Contact us. We have a great range of equipment available.
An internet connection.
- Ideally, you would connect via your practice’s wifi
- If you don’t have wifi, you can connect via your practice’s LAN
- If you don’t have either of these, you can purchase a pre-paid mobile internet device with 12 months credit from your favourite internet provider.
THE INFO BOX DEVICE
The Info Box device is about the size of a box of cigarettes, and has its own wifi antenna. The device receives regular automatic software updates so you don't need to do a thing to keep the software current. The content caches to the device so even in the event of an internet outage, your screen will never go blank. The cached content will keep being served until the connection resumes, so your patients probably won't even notice. [price] => [special] => [tax] => [rating] => 0 [reviews] => Based on 0 reviews. [href] => https://www.acbo.org.au/shop/info-box/product/859-1-buy-your-info-box-device [attribute_groups] => Array (  => Array ( [attribute_group_id] => 7 [name] => Short Description [attribute] => Array (  => Array ( [attribute_id] => 12 [name] => Short Description [text] => A revolutionary new way to showcase your services to your patients ) ) ) ) )
Now that you have purchased your INFO BOX device, you need to set up your subscription via monthly Direct Debit. [price] => [special] => [tax] => [rating] => 0 [reviews] => Based on 0 reviews. [href] => https://www.acbo.org.au/shop/info-box/product/861-2-set-up-your-monthly-info-box-subscription [attribute_groups] => Array ( ) )
Once you have purchased Info Box and have your monthly subscription organised, you may like to order some custom content to personalise the visuals with information about you and your own practice. [price] => [special] => [tax] => [rating] => 0 [reviews] => Based on 0 reviews. [href] => https://www.acbo.org.au/shop/info-box/product/860-3-optional-info-box-custom-content-pack [attribute_groups] => Array ( ) )